Back in December 2012, I made a list of
demands goals for 2013. Here they are:
* get published
* lose weight
* run a 5k
* finish my degree
* prepare for the GRE
* research Master’s programs
* find a job
* learn to sew
Well, 12 months later – here are the results
* get published – This happened! Twice! I have two novellas out with Dreamspinner right now and a third coming out spring next year! (Titles in order: Twelve Tasks, The Trouble With Elves, Clockwork Horizon). So yeah, I DID IT!
* lose weight – I lost 50 pounds (and gained 6 back over the holidays) but NET LOSS equals 44 pounds.
* run a 5k – yep! In April.
* finish my degree – I graduated in December with my second BA this time in English Literature with a GPA of 3.98.
* prepare for the GRE – studying now and taking it Jan 14th
* research Master’s programs – I plan to enter a MA program in the Fall
* find a job – I’m starting my new job in January. I’m taking over for a friend who is going on maternity leave and will work until the Master’s program starts.
* learn to sew – well, if something wasn’t going to get done, I’m glad it was this one. 🙂
I’m still thinking about my goals for 2014 but when I get them sorted, I’ll make another post.Thanks everyone for all the support and encouragement. I couldn’t have done these awesome things without so many of my friends and family.